Strength and Conditioning Coach Dean Adams takes some time off the court to answer our quick quiz.
What are your coaching qualifications?
- BSc. Sport & Exercise Sciences
- MSc. Sport & Exercise Nutrition
- British Athletics Coach
- Level 2 UKSCA Speed, Agility, Plyometrics
How long have you been coaching?
Which teams/clubs have you coached in the past?
- Athletics NI Youth Academy (U15-U20s)
- Athletics NI Rising Stars- 4 Squads (U11-U14s)
- Mossley Hockey Club (U12-U13s)
- BNI Academy (U13-U18s)
Did you play basketball – if so who for?
No, I’m a sprinter. I run for Ballymena & Antrim Athletics Club, and have competed for NI and Ireland several times, both as a junior and senior athlete.
Any moments that stand out/funny stories?
Winning the Irish Senior Indoor 60m title in 2011.
If you weren’t involved with basketball what would you be doing?
If I wasn’t involved with Athletics, I may have attempted to take up basketball! I can dribble but can’t shoot though.
What was your 5 minutes of fame moment?
I’ve shaken hands with David Beckham….
Not many people know this about me but…
I run the 100m in 10.74s