Course: Designated Child Protection Officer
March 31 @ 09:30 - 16:30Free
This course will enable you to become familiar with the role and responsibilities of the Designated Child Protection Officer and develop competence and confidence in carrying out this role.
Those who have operational responsibility for receiving concerns about the safety and welfare of children and young people, and who make decisions about what action needs to be taken, will find this course invaluable.
This workshop will:
- Expand your knowledge of legislation relevant to children/young people
- Explore the roles and responsibilities of Designated Officers
- Explore the concept of significant harm
- Understand the referral processes to Social Services
- Understand the structures within Social Services (Gateway; Family Support; LAC teams etc.)
- Discuss the impact of reporting (on Designated Officers, on their organisation, on child / family and community etc)
- Highlight the importance of information sharing and confidentiality