- This event has passed.
Course: Introduction to Safeguarding
February 10 @ 09:30 - 16:30Free
This workshop will give participants an introduction to the issues involved in safeguarding children. It will allow opportunities to identify good practice and explore how to keep children safe. The workshop will also assist participants to recognise child abuse and develop an understanding of how to respond and report their concerns.
Content of the workshop includes:
- Awareness of child protection issues
- An overview of the legal and policy context
- Statistics on abuse and abusers causes of abuse
- Procedures for recording and reporting concerns
- Identifying support available
- Ensuring the safe management of activities
- Risk Assessment
- Key elements of a Code of Behaviour for Staff