With just one week to go until the FIBA Under 18 Women’s European Championships Division B tips off in Dublin, Basketball Ireland is seeking your help to come join our team and volunteer for the event.
The championships will run from August 4-13th in the National Basketball Arena in Tallaght and the National Indoor Arena in Abbotstown (Blanchardstown). Volunteers will be required from August 3rd-14th at both locations.
Volunteers are required in the following areas:
- Media: i.e. Media Tribune management, mixed zone management, media runners, stats runners and stewarding.
- Stewards (access control)
- Field of play assistants (balls, team benches, floor wipers) (all events)
- Team Attaches – where a second language is an advantage.
- Referee/Commissioner Attaches
- Administration assistants (i.e. accreditation team, assistant in organisers office)
- Hotel Information Desk
- Health Officials (doctors/nurses/physios/first aiders)
- Presentation Team (entertainment, opening and closing ceremony)
If you are interested in getting involved, please contact Tríona Leahy, Volunteer Recruitment and Training Co-ordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org in and identify which role you wish to apply for. You can also fill out our online application form here.
Please also provide a brief description of your background and any relevant experience if applicable.