Everybody Active 2020
Project Administrator Basketball NI
Part-time post (averaging 12 hours per week)
Salary: £20, 800 (Per Annum Pro-Rata)
Due to our successful funding application in Belfast City Council’s Everybody Active programme, we now have a vacancy for an experienced Project Administrator. Reporting to a member of the Board of Basketball Northern Ireland, the successful candidate will be working within our Belfast office and focusing on the Everybody Active Programme, providing administrative, accounting and safeguarding support for the project.
The Everybody Active Programme will focus on a school-club development scheme which aims to build sustainable Basketball clubs by the end of the funding period in March 2020. Key aspects of this plan will be developing the game in areas of social need, working with participants with disability and increasing female participation. BNI will network with other bodies to deliver these goals. Two coaches will be employed on the scheme and will report back on the number of players coached, their costs, development opportunities, etc., to the project administrator. This scheme will be the main development programme run by Basketball Northern Ireland. The successful applicant will be required to utilise a wide range of skills and abilities to administer this project.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out administrative duties, using relevant IT systems and processes;
- The receipt, recording and distribution of mail and other correspondence, including e-mail, in an efficient and effective manner. This will include dealing with sensitive correspondence;
- To handle incoming telephone calls including routine enquiries as a first point of contact;
- Co-ordinating day-to-day coaching, camps and other events linked to the programme;
- Liaising with coaches, schools and other interested third parties;
- Providing reports to the board of Basketball Northern Ireland and other parties as required;
- Financial administration, including book-keeping and procurement processes;
- Managing credit control and debtor management;
- Reconciliation bank accounts and maintain month end and year end accounts preparation, including assisting with the company budget;
- Maintaining and mapping data related to the programme;
- Co-ordination and assisting with funding-raising activities;
- Promoting promotional material;
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required.
Click here for job specification
Click here for the job application
Closing date for the return of applications is the noon on Friday 10th of March 2017.
To obtain an application form and job description, please contact:
Basketball Northern Ireland
House of Sport
2a Upper Malone Road
Belfast BT9 5LA
We are an equal opportunity employer.